Walk around Llangrannog
Morfa Isaf Farm
Explorer 198 New Quay and Aberporth
3 - 4 miles
Description A wonderful circular coastal walk with views across
to the Lleyn peninsula on clear days and a gentle wooded section.
Start The walk starts from the car park above Llangrannog
or you can park by the sea and start your circular walk there.
Maes Glas Caravan Park
Morfa Isaf Farm Cottages
Brynawelon Touring and Camping Park
Images Llangrannog Beach
- Above Llangrannog - a lovely place from which to start
- St. Mary's Well - This ancient well is as old as Llangrannog itself,
and was a popular destination for pilgrims who would take the water for
- Waterfall - The height of the water was used to drive
a woollen mill situated a few yards away [which is now in ruins on private
- St. Crannogs Church -Originally built in wood about 500AD by St.Carantoc
who also visited Crantock, Cornwall, Carhampton, Somerset and Carantec
in Brittany. The present church building dates from 1885, but houses
many treasures dating from Norman times. The grave of Sarah Jane Rees
[Cranogwen], a local female Master Mariner, crowned bard and equal rights
campaigner is situated in the graveyard.
- Lime Kiln - The only remaining kiln of
five that were used in Llangrannog for burning the imported limestone.
The lime was then sold to local framers to spread on the acid soil.
- Carreg Bica - According to legend Carreg Bica is the tooth of the giant
Bica who lived in the Cardiganshire area, and who was forced to spit
his tooth onto the beach following a bad toothache. In reality, the rock
is a stack of Ordavician rock weathered by the sea, one of many along
- Urdd Centre
- Lochtyn Headland - Panoramic views across the sea to the Lleyn Peninsula
and the Welsh Mountains, and offering the chance to see seals and dolphins.
The wild life, flora and fauna of Cardiganshire Coast and Country are truly remarkable. Red Kites and Buzzards soar above whilst Dolphins and seals swim in the bay. Otters rare orchids and hundreds of other plants, birds and animals are all here of you to experience and enjoy.