There are a growing number of excellent places to eat and drink around Cardigan Bay. I don’t claim to have tried all of them – yet, but here are some that I like and I’m sure you will find a favourite amongst them.
I do not charge for this listing and if you have your own recommendations then please let me know.
- Harbourmaster AberaeronLocation: Aberaeron Harbour The Guardian December 19, 2009 50 Favourite Festive Pubs tells you all you need to know about this excellent restaurant - The Harbour Master. Malcolm Gluck, wine critic..."It takes dedication to get here, I recently returned from a weekend stay - it is also a hotel....Its secret? Owners Glyn and Menna Heulyn see it as an extension of their family. Indeed the place - and its chattering, pretension-loathing locals - are family. The beers (numerous) are local, the food is local, the staff are local and the weather local. Tel: 01545 570755 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web:www.harbour-master.com/Read more
- Daffodil InnLocation: Penrhiwllan, Llandysul, SA44 5NG The Daffodil gastro pub is situated in the village of Penrhiwllan near the market town of Newcastle Emlyn. The quality of the food and the imaginative presentation of dishes makes this a real treat. Tel: 01559 370343 Email: email@example.com Web: www.daffodilinn.co.uk/Read more
- Stwdio 3Location: 3 High Street Cardigan SA43 1HJ creative community space offering a range of craft activities, meeting and exhibition space with a café and coffee shop. A place where people can meet, eat, make and create. Tel: 01239 758088 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.makeitinwales.co.uk/stiwdio-3Read more
- The Captains RendezvousLocation: Church Street, New Quay SA45 9NT The Captains Rendezvous is a Welsh family run traditional Fish and Chip shop in New Quay overlooking Cardigan Bay. They have an extensive menu which includes a selection of homemade products, cooked to order to tempt your taste-buds. Takeaway facilities or alternatively you can join them in the cafe to enjoy your meal and overlook the bay and maybe catch a glimpse of a dolphin or two! There is a small Gluten free menu which is available on request. Open daily during peak season from 12.00 (noon) until 9pm. Off peak our hours will be reduced Tel: 01545 560507 Email: email@example.comRead more
- Coach House CafeLocation: Located at the entrance to St.Dogmaels Abbey in St.Dogmael's The Coach House is a great friendly place for breakfast, a light lunch, or lovely afternoon tea. On sunny days, sitting outside with a great view of the abbey is a particularly relaxed experience. Fully licensed with selection of wines and locally brewed beers and ciders. Tel: 01239 615389 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRead more
- PizzaTipiLocation: Cambrian Quay, Cardigan, West Wales, SA43 1EZ Just across from Cardigan Castle, below The Grosvenor. Pass under the archway to discover Cardigan's hidden treat. Mostly outdoors, though some shelter under the tipi, this is a lovely spot to enjoy some low key music and delicious pizzas cooked on a wood fired oven and delicious fresh salad beside the Teifi. Perfect relaxing spot to enjoy a super sweet flapjack or chocolate brownie with your morning coffee. Closed in the winter. Tel: 01239 623633 Email: email@example.com Web: www.pizzatipi.co.uk/Read more
- Bara Menyn Bakehouse CafeLocation: 45 St Mary Street, Cardigan Breakfasts, Light lunches, speciality coffees and home made cakes. Artisan bread freshly baked on the premise. Relaxing and comfortable Tuesday to Saturday 10-5. Next door to Custom House on St. Mary's street ( turn down by shoe shop ) A great place to enjoy a good coffee and delicious food. Tel: 01239 615310 Web: www.baramenynbakehouse.co.uk/Read more
- CrwstLocation: Priory StSA43 1BU Cardigan Cafe and deli with freshly baked goodies. Great for a coffee or brunch. Winners of 'Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year South West Wales' 2019! Sun: 10 – 14.00 | Mon – Thu: 8.30 – 4.30 | Fri – Sat : 8.30 – late. Look out for evening openings on the website. Tel: 01239 611278 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.crwst.cymru/Read more
- The Plwmp TartLocation: Penbryn Beach The Plwmp Tart is a little cafe housed in the old farm cart house just a few minutes walk from the glorious sandy beach of Penbryn. Serving light lunches, homemade cakes and pastries, great coffee and Welsh ice-cream. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere with all welcome ( including your four legged friends!) Open Easter - October and some dates out of season, check the Facebook page for more info. Tel: 01239 758100 Email: email@example.com Web: www.facebook.com/The-Plwmp-Tart-Penbryn-BeachRead more
- Poppit Sands Beach CafeBeach Cafe with a range of great homemade food, good coffee, cold drinks and award winning welsh ice cream. As well as sit down meals the cafe offers a full take away service so you can enjoy our lovely homemade food on the beach or on your walk. Disabled access and Free WiFi. The cafe & Shop is open every day from April 1st to October 31, opening times vary according to the time of the year. Winter Opening 1st November to 31st March the cafe & Shop are open every weekend and school holidays. Web: poppitsandscafe.co.uk/Read more
- Food for ThoughtLocation: 13 Pendre Cardigan High Street A deservedly popular cafe at the top of Cardigan high street a few doors before the turning down to The Mwldan. Great value for lunch and a comfy spot for morning coffee or afternoon tea. The sofas eat you up, the armchairs in the window are perfect for watching the lively high street. Try the cakes and you are sure to keep coming back. Tel: 01239 621863 Web: www.facebook.com/Food-For-ThoughtRead more
- The Castle CafeVery popular cafe with locals and visitors with dogs. Great breakfasts and tables in the sun facing Cardigan Castle. Good Vegetarian options too. Also see the Cellar Bar for live musicRead more
- Abduls TandooriLocation: Royal Oak, Quay Street, Cardigan Excellent and very friendly restaurant with authentic Indian cuisine. Very extensive menu, don't miss out on the delicious Peshwari Naan bread. Bring your own alcohol, or choose from non alcoholic beer or soft drinks including a range of Lassi [yogurt, water, spices and sometimes fruit]. Tel: 01239 615371 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.abdulstandoorispice.comRead more
- 1176 at Cardigan CastleLocation: Cardigan Castle Green Street, Cardigan SA43 1JA A floating box of glass and slate perched on the castle walls provides a great vantage point to view the gardens on one side and the high street and river on the other. The entrance is either through the castle or if you just want to visit the café use the door below the castle entrance and follow the stairs up. There are facilities for disabled visitors. Seating is available indoors and out. The salads and cakes are lovely! Tel: 01239 562 002 Email: email@example.com Web: cardigancastle.comRead more