Map:: Explorer 198 New Quay and Aberporth
Distance 4 miles or 8 miles circular
Approximate Time 2.5  hours
Description From the smugglers cove of Cwmtydu to the fishing village of New Quay. [and back inland to complete the circular walk]
Start The walk starts from Cwmtydu parking overlooking the sea.
- Cwmtydu – a perfect picnic spot below the old lime kiln or why not walk out the first half mile to the stunning views across to the Lleyn peninsula. The walk is steep to start but soon levels to give you a clear view of the path ahead, dropping into tiny coves and up again onto the cliff paths. The route passes above Castell Bach beach where seals may be seen and then crosses Treath Soden [Cwm Silio] beach with it’s backdrop of flower covered slopes and even a cave.
- Seal Bay – The autumn months are the best to see the young seal pups (please do not approach them), but mature seals can often be seen basking in the sea. This stretch of the coastline is little walked and it is also possible to see adders sunning themselves on the pathway.
- Bird Rock – A site of special scientific interest with colonies of nesting birds.
- Coastguard Station – at most times of year the path here is full of wild flowers from thrift early in the year to sea campion in the summer.
- New Quay – Here you can enjoy welcome refreshments overlooking the sea or the chance to take a boat trip to see seals and dolphins. From the town follow the road uphill to a large public house at Penrhiwllan and here turn right to follow the lane to Coybal Farm.
- Byrlip – The pathway runs alongside the larger house and towards the duckpond with stunning views across to the sea. An old green lane then leads to your left and into Byrlip woods, at the right time of year full of snowdrops, wood anemones and a waterfall set deep in the woods. The path is then sign posted back to Cwmtydu.
- Quay View Holiday Cottage New Quay
- Towyn Hall New Quay
- Penllwyn Holiday Cottages CwmTydu New Quay
- New Quay Holiday Park (Quay West)
- Foxy Lodge New Quay
- Pond Holiday Cottage New Quay