Map:: Explorer 198
Distance 2 miles2
Approximate Time 1 hour 10 mins one way
Description A favourite walk climbing by gorse hedges to beautiful views across Cardigan Bay often to the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales. Look out for choughs, Peregrine falcons and in winter Merlin and Red-throated Divers.
Start The walk starts 2 miles from the A487 at Sarnau at the National Trust car park and cafe of Penbryn Beach.
Refreshments are available at both Penbryn car park and Llangrannog
- Immediately after leaving the National Trust car park at Penbryn Beach, turn up the farm track on your right. The footpath is signposted from the top of the track, and will take you down into a steep gully leading to the small sickle- shaped beach Traeth Bach, and up past the Iron Age fortified settlement Castell Bach, before finally dropping down into Llangrannog where you can find lots of cafes and restaurants.
- NOTES: The great little Cardi Bach bus runs along this route Cardi Bach and even has provision for carrying bikes!
- Brynawelon Touring and Camping Park Llangrannog
- Felin Geri Luxury Safari Tents
- Maes Glas Caravan Park Llangrannog
- Morfa Isaf Farm Guesthouse Llangrannog
- Morfa Isaf Farm Cottage Llangrannog